Connecting NH Colleges and Universities
Recognizing the need to make the pathway to earning a college degree as simple as possible, the University System of NH (USNH) and the Community College System of NH (CCSNH) have partnered to launch www.nhtransfer.org, an online resource indicating which courses transfer among participating institutions.
Recruitment and Scholarship is the NHSGC focus at Community College System of New Hampshire. We are interested in students studying fields relevant to NASA, with special focus on women and groups underrepresented in these fields. NASA support is used to launch a challenge grant to increase program resources.
NH Space Grant Funds are used to leverage matching funds from industry and private sources through a matching grants campaign. Scholarships are used to encourage enrollment and to enhance success and retention of disadvantaged and underrepresented groups.
New Hampshire's Community College System of New Hampshire serves over 24,000 students a year with seven colleges in 12 campuses throughtout NH. Ninty-nine percent of NH residents live within 25 miles of a NH community college campus.
- White Mountains Community College is the northernmost of NH Community Colleges, with academic centers located in Berlin, Littleton, and North Conway.
- NHTI in Concord offers programs in business, computer science, criminal justice, education, engineering technologies, human service, nursing, health sciences, and liberal arts.
- River Valley Community College, with campuses in Keene, Lebanon, and Claremont, offers associate degree, diploma and certificate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities.
- Lakes Region Community College in Laconia offers associate degree and certificate programs with a focus on technical education.
- Manchester Community College offers degree and certificate programs as well as workshops and professional development programs.
- Nashua Community College offers online courses, associate degrees, professional certificates and a "running start" program for students interested in enrolling in classes while completing high school.
- Great Bay Community College at the Pease Tradeport in Portsmouth, and with an Advanced Technology & Academic Center in Rochester, offers programs in Accounting, Automotive Technology,
Computer Technologies, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Management, Nursing, Surgical Technology, and Veterinary Technology.
NH High School Juniors and Seniors can take online courses for high school and college credit through the Community College System of NH's eStart program.